Co-owner and Head Coach
Doug has been in the fitness industry for the past 18 years. He is originally from Massachusetts where he earned his undergraduate degree in exercise physiology and had his first personal training job. He moved to San Diego in 2000 and worked for the American Council on Exercise (ACE) for 5 years before starting his career at Fitness Quest 10 as a personal trainer and strength coach. He was there from 2005 to 2011 and worked with clients of all ages and abilities; from youth to older adult to “general population” to professional athletes of many sports including MMA world champions.
During his time in San Diego, he completed some graduate work in Biomechanics at San Diego State University, was the head Strength & Conditioning coach for the Alliance MMA fight team, and started his own company, DB Strength (website has been shut down).
He has been an international presenter at various conferences and events, contributed to multiple fitness-related magazines, manuals, and websites, and has appeared in numerous DVDs and video productions throughout his career.
Most recently, he spent 2014 in Jeddah, Saudi Arabia where he was brought over to create, design, and help run a brand new state-of-the-art fitness facility from scratch.
He has earned the following certifications/trainings:
- NSCA-CSCS Certification
- ACE Personal Trainer Certification
- Gym Jones Level I
- Gym Jones Level II
- USA Powerlifting CC Certification
- FRC Mobility Specialist (FRCms)
- MMA Conditioning Coach Certification
- Kettlebell Athletics Level 1
- CrossFit Level 1
- CrossFit Gymnastics
- FMS (Functional Movement System) Training
- Training For Warriors Certification
- TRX Suspension Trainer Instructor Training
- TRX RIP Training Certification
- Gravity Instructor Training Certification
- LIFT Sandbag Training Certification
- MovNat Training
- CPR/AED Instructor Status